Wednesday, June 29, 2011

5 Day Challenge!?

Sooo...remember yesterday when I said it was my goal to work out five mornings in a row? I hope that part of that goal wasn't that the workout had to be at the gym.

I set my alarm for 5:45 this morning, and per usual, I scoffed at the thought of actually getting up. 5:45 snoozed into 6:00...and I finally had to get up to use the bathroom. I padded back into bed, thinking oh well, I'll just sleep until 7:00, I am too tired for the gym. I ended up laying in bed until 6:15 wide awake and finally thought, 'Alright. I am up, I will at least lift weights.' Andd I did!

It went a little something like this:

Mini-Warmup
  • 10 Pushups
  • 10 Squats
Quickie Workout: I broke down my exercises into 3 groups, completing each group 3 times.
  • Group One
  • Lunges (x 15 each leg)
  • Piroutte Squats (x10)
  • Pushups (x 10)
  • Group Two
  • Bicep Curls (x20)
  • Front/Lateral Arm Raises (x10 each direction)
  • Dead Lifts (x15)
  • Group Three
  • Tricep Kickbacks (x15)
  • Chest Press (x 20)
  • Flys (x15)
  • Skull Crushers (x15)
Finally...i finished up with some planks, side plans and ab work.

Normally, I don't feel like I get the same type of workout at home as I do in the gym, but today I was very sweaty and definitely felt the burn! I feel good today and even knocked 1 lb. off the scale!

This makes me down to 9 lbs total lost since about March - its been pretty inconsistent with dieting and exercise but I hope the next few weeks will be consistent and I can rack that number up to a whopping 15 lbs!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Kimmi! I have been looking for change up my weights workout a bit...now if only I could get motivated to get on the treadmill...

    ReplyDelete